Do’s and Don’ts for Cleaning Your Cricut Explore
Congrats, you bought the Cricut Explore and love it ! But now it is time to make sure you are taking good care of your investment right ? With all the cardstock cutting, glitter paper cutting, vinyl cutting, and other materials that we all use, our Cricut Explore machines do tend to get a little dirty. I have a few tips I use to keep my Cricut Explore clean and beautiful as the day I received it and thought I would share with you.
- Turn your machine off while cleaning
- Use a soft cloth to wipe down your machine…I use a non-alcohol baby wipe
- Clean off the rollers to remove residue…watch my video to see how I do this easily
- Clean out the blade housing to remove residue…important to keep this area clean at all times
- It’s ok to gently move the housing unit to one side to clean the case
- Don’t ever spray cleaner directly on your machine
- Don’t ever wipe off the bar holding the housing…that grease is supposed to be on there
- Don’t ever touch the gear chain at the back of the unit
- Don’t clean while your machine is turned on
If you notice your Cricut Explore starts making a grinding noise, contact Cricut Support at 1-877-727-4288. They can review and decide if you need to add more grease to the housing unit bar. They have a special kit and instructions they will send you to use. Do not attempt to just add any other grease to the bar.
I hope you found this helpful information in keeping your Cricut Explore in top shape for many more days of creating ! Be sure and subscribe to my You Tube Channel (click link) so you don’t miss any other videos I make on Cricut Explore.
All my comments are my own opinions on those products. I appreciate your support when you purchase using the post links.