Provo Craft released a NEW Cricut machine on Monday evening prior to the altitudesummit blogging conference in Salt Lake City, Utah. The new machine is called the Cricut Explore and is the next evolution of crafting machine for Provo Craft..
The New Cricut Explore Facts:
- It will cut SVG, JPGS, TFF files (true type font files), etc.
- It will use and cut actual Cricut Cartridge plugged in to the machine or from library
- It will cut up to 12X24
- It will cut and draw at the same time OR cut and emboss at the same time
- It will have a new software format called Cricut Design Space. It is different from CCR
- It will have hundreds of pre-loaded project images for you to choose from and has project details that when you select it will automatically place images on your cutting screen…and populate however many mats you would need to complete each image of the project
- It will have a subscription library of images for purchase. 50,000 image library for 99 cents an image OR purchase a monthly subscription of 25,000 images for $9.99 that you can cancel at any time
- It will be wifi enabled so no more cords…wireless bluetooth device will be available a few weeks after launch for separate purchase (no price mentioned as of this posting)
- It will allow you to create and cut using an iPad Table (no other tablet was mentioned as of this posting)
- It will have new cutting blade technology with more precision than older blade model and have a longer life per cuts
- It will have a state of the art turn dial system for selecting your cut settings which will automatically adjust the pressure, speed and depth of the machine and blade.
- It will have a way for you to add custom cut settings in addition to the pre-programmed cut settings
- It will be quieter cutting than any other machine Provo Craft has ever released
- It will have an on-board tool holder at back of the machine and space underneath to slide mats under
- It will be released on HSN on or around February 12 and other retailers in March.
- MSRP is $299…no idea yet what HSN special launch price will be or include as of this posting (will update when news is available)
Other news of note: The talented designer, Anna Griffin be doing the Cricut Explore launch on HSN in February, along with Beth of Aint She Crafty Blog
View the Keynote presentation by Provo Craft CEO Ashish Arora of the Cricut Explore and how the new software, Cricut Design Space works …well worth the 20 minutes to watch it. It was filmed at the event and posted by Joy Tracy of Obsessed with Scrapbooking. Joy did a fabulous job recording this and giving us all the scoop on the new machine. You can visit her blog at Obsessed with Scrapbooking as she reveals more details during the event on Tuesday as the bloggers attending get to try out the new machine.
Here are some detail photos others bloggers who attended the event posted at #explorecricut
Attendees were given a card showing the use of Cut and Draw Feature that can be done at the same time since the Cricut Explore has two carriage housing – one for cutting blade plus one for either drawing tool or embossing tool
Place setting at AltSummit Event using Cricut Explore …look at all that detail!
CRICUT EXPLORE MACHINE FEATURES & DETAILS
- Smart Set™ dial for material selection
- Dual carriage heads
- Integrated storage compartments
- Cricut Design Space™ software
- 50+ free project ideas
- 100+ free images
- Compatible with PC/Mac
- Included in the box:
- Cricut Explore™ machine
- German carbide blade
- Metallic silver pen
- USB cord and power cord
- 12″ x 12″ StandardGrip Cricut® cutting mat
- Getting started guide
- Black and jade Cricut® cardstock
- Silver Cricut® vinyl
- White Cricut® iron-on
- 2 Duck Tape® sheets
So this seems pretty exciting in the Cricut world…what are you thinking now that we know more details ? Are you tempted to purchase ? If not, why not ?